FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What happens if I don't feel like cycling one day. You are welcome to stay on board the Carissima and enjoy cruising the Danube.
2. What level of fitness is needed? The cycling is graded easy to moderate on terrain that is mostly flat. You will be on dedicated cycle paths alongside the river and in small villages.
3. Is there a guide? On board the Carissima there is a tour director but he does not cycle with you. Passengers are given instructions and can call if they need help. (A cell-phone is essential). The Carissima will be waiting for cyclists at a fixed point.
4. How do I get to Passau? There are frequent trains from Munich to Passau (about two hours). Before you go you will be given detailed instructions on finding the Carissima at the Passau docking area which is not far from the train station.
5. Can the Carissima cater to a special diet such as vegetarian or gluten free? Yes but you should let them know in advance.
6. What nationalities can I expect? The guests will be from many countries. Usually it is a mix of German, British, Canadian, American people of all ages. The crew will be multilingual.
7. What sort of bicycles are used? 21 speed unisex (ladies' mount). For men over 186 cm mens' frame is available. Bicycles have caliper brakes and override, pannier, lock, air pump, repair kit. Ebikes are available at extra cost.
8. How early should I book? These holidays are very popular and space is limited, .
9. If I opt for guided cycling how many people will be in the guided group? The maximum is 22.